Target: IPD, Wharton (graduating in Dec 2013)
Company: Jump Associates
Location: San Mateo, California
Jump Associates (www.jumpassociates.com) is a strategy and innovation consulting firm with offices in San Mateo, CA and New York, NY. Jump specializes in helping companies grow, creating new businesses, and reinventing existing ones.
We are looking for new associates. Associates serve as core team members, content leads, and project leads for both client projects and internal initiatives. Associates are expected to make a solid contribution to Jump, through both sharing their skills and continuing to learn and grow. As an Associate at Jump, you’ll have the opportunity to work alongside clients and teammates to produce compelling strategies and solutions. Whether it’s going into homes to figure out what keeps people up at night, ideating a new revenue model or service to grow an industry, or critiquing solutions to define the best strategy for our clients, you’ll contribute to all phases of the project. We don’t have traditional multidisciplinary teams or specific roles, at Jump we are all hybrid thinkers working together.
• Demonstrates hybrid thinking skills – the ability to make connections across business strategy, social science, design, and other disciplines, with depth of experience in at least one of these core disciplines.
• Has a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design, business strategy, or social science; and internship or 1-3 years of directly relevant experience.
• Showcases great storytelling and communication skills, whether on paper or in person.
• Exhibits critical thinking and deep analysis and synthesis skills.
• Consciously thinks about the details and the big picture. Is equally comfortable working in project rooms, living rooms, and conference rooms.
• Has a passion for learning, seeing the world in surprising new ways, and sharing their knowledge with others.
• Enjoys working closely with other passionate people every day.
• Has the permanent right to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
• Is available start sometime between now and early Jan 2014.
Please submit the following four application materials to email@example.com with “your name + Associate” as the subject line (e.g. John Smith + Associate):
1. Cover Letter: Please tell us when you would be available to start, how you learned about this position, and confirm you have the permanent right to work in the US without sponsorship.
3. Work Sample Document: 10-pages or less of examples of your work. (This might include research, business strategy, or design projects and will ideally combine visuals and text. If you are unable to share your project work due to confidentiality restrictions or other reasons, feel free to try one of our Jump Challenge Questions listed in the FAQs on our website
4.Writing Sample: A one-page document that shows clear communication and critical thought. (Short articles, abstracts, and excerpts from papers often make good writing samples.) For your work and writing samples we’re really looking for you to curate your best, most relevant work. To that end, website links will not be accepted in lieu of work and writing samples. We prefer PDF, Word, or PowerPoint.